Working with a Mission
Working for His Kingdom
A Missional Internship
The CLDI Internship exists to glorify God by recruiting and encouraging Kingdom-minded, eternally-focused disciples of Jesus Christ in the South Side neighborhood of Billings, Montana.
About the Internship
A paid internship as part of a greater kingdom work of CLDI to proclaim the gospel of Jesus in word and deed in a marginalized community of Billings, Montana.
Targeted toward college-age persons that seek to know, love and follow Jesus to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God.
Interns are provided housing in the South Side, however, interns are responsible for normal living expenses such as utilities, phone, food, etc. Additionally, a monthly stipend will be provided. Interns are responsible for raising funds to be applied toward the international exposure trip.
Much of Christianity in America today has become incredibly apathetic, unmotivated and lacking in real life transformation. It seems apparent that there is a need, and hunger, for genuine discipleship and right relationship with both God and Man. Thus, the CLDI Internship seeks to serve as a catalyst to call people out of complacency and into a real life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
The CLDI Internship offers a full internship, September through July. We also offer summer internships for those unable to commit to the full internship.
About the Internship
The following describes the expectations of our interns:
Weekly studies and assignments: interns will focus on scriptural foundations.
- God’s Primary Agenda – God’s chief purpose to glorify His own name
- Justice Mandate – God’s concern for justice among the poor, destitute, and marginalized
- Nations Mandate – God’s gathering of people from every nation, tribe, people, and language
Incarnational – Just as Christ came “in the flesh” to minister among Mankind, so do we seek to live “in the flesh” among those we serve.
Community-Based – In learning to function as the Body of Christ, interns will live in close proximity to one another to share space, meals, and simply do life together with other believers.
Application – In addition to their studies, interns will gain practical experience by interning 35 hours/week with CLDI or a partner organization that seeks to serve and empower the poor. Furthermore, interns will gain international exposure to God’s work among the nations via a short-term exposure trip (*for interns in the eleven-month long track).
About the Internship
Outcomes & Expectations
Through participation in the CLDI Internship, it is anticipated that the following will be fostered in the lives of interns:
- A renewed passion and desire to pursue the Lord, tasting that He alone is good;
- A more meaningful understanding of Christian community, the Church, and the Kingdom of God
- Increased awareness of God’s concern for justice and reorienting how one may live their life for His purposes to be a people of justice
- An understanding of God’s agenda to glorify His name among the nations.
- Learning to live a Christian life focused on the salvation of all peoples
- A sense of being recruited, equipped and sent out to further pursue the shalom of the city throughout the global context.
The following are expected of every intern:
- Pursue holiness = Pursue Jesus
- Actively participate in a local body of believers
- Live and engage in community
- Be accountable to your internship and one another
- Seek to live as a neighbor and not a mere resident
- Complete and post assignments on time
- Maintain the upkeep of your property (both indoors and out)
Join an Unstoppable Community of Monthly Givers
Our community of monthly givers is known as The 100Fold because, like Jesus tells his disciples in Mark 10, we believe that when people live lives of generosity and sacrifice the blessings returned to them will be one hundred fold.
The 100Fold is a group of people who are passionate, courageous and committed to seeing the South Side be restored through a gospel lens. You belong here.