Mission Statement: The CLDI Internship exists to glorify God by recruiting and encouraging Kingdom-minded, eternally-focused disciples of Jesus Christ in the South Side neighborhood of Billings, Montana.
The Basis of the Internship:
- What? A paid internship as part of a greater kingdom work of CLDI to proclaim the gospel of Jesus in word and deed in a marginalized community of Billings, Montana.
- Why? Much of Christianity in America today has become incredibly apathetic, unmotivated and lacking in real life transformation. It seems apparent that there is a need, and hunger, for genuine discipleship and right relationship with both God and Man. Thus, the CLDI Internship seeks to serve as a catalyst to call people out of complacency and into a real life-changing relationship with Jesus Christ.
- Who? Targeted toward college-age persons that seek to know, love and follow Jesus to do justice, love kindness and walk humbly with God.
- When? The CLDI Internship offers a full internship, September through July. We also offer summer internships for those unable to commit to the full internship.
- Finances? Interns are provided housing in the South Side, however, interns are responsible for normal living expenses such as utilities, phone, food, etc. Additionally, a monthly stipend will be provided. Interns are responsible for raising funds to be applied toward the international exposure trip.
Components – The following describe the DNA of the CLDI Internship process:
- Biblically Focused – By means of weekly studies and assignments, interns will focus on the following areas as taught in Scripture:
- God’s Primary Agenda – God’s chief purpose to glorify His own name
- Justice Mandate – God’s concern for justice among the poor, destitute and marginalized
- Nations Mandate – God’s gathering of people from every nation, tribe, people and language
- Incarnational – Just as Christ came “in the flesh” to minister among Mankind, so do we seek to live “in the flesh” among those we serve.
- Community-Based – In learning to function as the Body of Christ, interns will live in close proximity to one another to share space, meals, and simply do life together with other believers.
- Application – In addition to their studies, interns will gain practical experience by interning 35 hours/week with CLDI or a partner organization that seeks to serve and empower the poor. Furthermore, interns will gain international exposure to God’s work among the nations via a short-term exposure trip (*for interns in the eleven-month long track).
Desired Outcomes – Through participation in the CLDI Internship, it is anticipated that the following will be fostered in the lives of interns:
- a renewed passion and desire to pursue the Lord, tasting that He alone is good;
- a more meaningful understanding of Christian community, the Church (as the Bride of Christ), and, ultimately, the Kingdom of God;
- an increased awareness of God’s concern for justice, thus, reorienting how one may live their life for His purposes to be a people of justice;
- an understanding of God’s agenda to glorify His name among the nations, thus, learning to live a Christian life focused on the salvation of all peoples; and lastly,
- a sense of being recruited, equipped, and sent out to further pursue the shalom of the city throughout the global context.
Expectations – The following are expected of every intern:
- Pursue holiness = Pursue Jesus
- Actively participate in a local body of believers
- Live and engage in community
- Be accountable to your internship and one another
- Seek to live as a neighbor and not a mere resident
- Complete and post assignments on time
- Maintain the upkeep of your property (both indoors and out)
For more information or to apply for the internship, contact:
Eric C. Basye, Executive Director
Phone: 406.256.3002 ext. 201